1.19.2007

Six Degrees of Usefulness

USA Today Reports:

Kevin Bacon has a confession.

That silly Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon game? The truth is, he's no good at it. "It's confusing," he admits. "I can't remember all the movies I've been in, so I surely can't recall someone else's films." The object of the game is to connect any famous person to Bacon within six steps.

Finally, after a decade of living with the Six Degrees curse ("I always thought it would just go away, along with the Pet Rock"), Bacon has discovered a way to make the phenomenon rise above being an annoying gimmick.

A year ago, he bought the domain name SixDegrees.org. And on Friday, the actor will be at the Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah, to launch SixDegrees.org, an online charitable-giving site that is inspired by his namesake game and driven by today's obsession with celebrities.

Read more!

With the success of MySpace, Friendster, Facebook, and the like, I can only imagine good things for this. My Six Degrees badge will follow soon!

No comments: