9.10.2003

Boo to those who diss Better Than Ezra concerts. Especially when they're free and you're drunk. Mandecca, those silly youngins don't know what they're talking about.

So today was an interesting day. I got to work and someone brought a tiny little kitten into the darkroom. Apparently, the shinglesaw workers found some kittens under their shed. Our feral momma gave birth and left the litter hidden, but too close for comfort for the park, so SDC security was going to put to sleep four beautiful little felines. We cavedwellers couldn't allow that, but nobody would do anything about it, so I offered to take them.

I spent the day offering kittens to tourists as they came out of the cave, walking around the park showing them off to passersby, and talking to the craftsmen to see if they might want one. At the end of the day, each kitten had a home, including one that I just couldn't resist taking for myself. I had to bring another one home to hold until I can deliver it to Springfield to its future residence, so I now have two tiny little kittens. They make my kittens look huge. They are way smaller than my hand. The one I'm keeping is all gray except for this tiny little white exclamation point on her forehead. She's got a huge head, funny shaped ears, and fuzz for fur that makes her look like a cross between an opossum and a koala bear. Her name is Talula. Currently, the little buggers are hiding behind the couch. They've had quite the day. They encountered humans for the first time this morning, got ripped away from their momma, met other cats, and then a huge German shepherd. I think they're a little overwhelmed. :)

As am I. So off to bed I go.

No comments: