10.26.2005

Marty Bahamonde is My Hero

After all that has come to light regarding FEMA's response to Hurricane Katrina, I've got to admit that I've found a bit of a bright lining. In every non-profit and government organization, there are people who are good little underlings just trying to do their jobs and contribute something nice to the world. They are often obscured by frustrating superiors, but they're out there.

Marty Bahamonde recently released his blackberry transcripts of an email exchange concerning Mike Brown's response to the crisis in the Superdome. After sending an email to Brown describing the desperate situation in the storm's aftermath, Bahamonde received an email explaining Brown's need for more time to deal with busy restaurants.

Bahamonde's reply?

"OH MY GOD!!!!! Just tell [Brown's assistant] that I just ate an MRE and crapped in the hallway of the Superdome along with 30,000 other close friends, so I understand her concern about busy restaurants."


Spanish has just been officially ousted as a contender for America's second language. Sarcasm is far more established.

I think I love this man.

No comments: