7.08.2005

The Perfect Man - Revisited

So after I posted the CL ad that SOMEONE ELSE wrote about her fantasy man, I received a few comments/complaints about the guy I was looking for. Because it was someone else's and not straight from my heart, I thought I should address the concerns of those men who spend way too much time trying to analyze women like me given that they'll never actually have it all figured out.

Another issue to address is the contradictory nature of writing this kind of post, but stating that I'm not looking for a relationship. I am NOT looking for a relationship. But I'm not really avoiding one, either. I think it's perfectly acceptable to take the pressure off by making lots of friends and dating casually. It's difficult to date casually or make just friends if people go into it with the assumption that you want a relationship. I'm tired of feeling the pressure to conform to some sort of standard about what my interaction with someone should be like just because they are of the opposite sex. So here's the deal: I'm very happy single. I don't think I want to change that status right now. But if today, that guy who would totally change my world came along...I'm not going to be all jaded/scared/skittish and push him away just because I like being single. I like to keep an open mind. :)

With that said, I'd like to readdress the perfect man issue. Given the large number of different aspects of my personality that come into play through the course of a day/week/year, what I write will probably change depending on my recent experiences, who I'm talking to, and my emotional state. While I value all of the things I posted last time, today, right this moment, I've got one big requirement for the man that breaks me out of single status.

Be the man who, with utter sincerity and an adorable smile on his face, can look into my eyes and sing this song to me:

I'm gonna be here for you baby
I'll be a man of my word
Speak the language in a voice that you have never heard
I wanna sleep with you forever
And I wanna die in your arms
In a cabin by a meadow where the wild bees swarm

And I'm gonna love you like nobody loves you
And I'll earn your trust making memories of us

I wanna honor your mother
I wanna learn from your pa
I wanna steal your attention like a bad outlaw
I wanna stand out in a crowd for you
A man among men
I wanna make your world better than it's ever been

And I'm gonna love you like nobody loves you
And I'll earn your trust making memories of us

We'll follow the rainbow
Wherever the four winds blow
And there'll be a new day
Comin' your way

I'm gonna be here for you from now on
This you know somehow
You've been stretched to the limits but it's alright now
And I'm gonna make you a promise
If there's life after this
I'm gonna be there to meet you with a warm, wet kiss

And I'm gonna love you like nobody loves you
And I'll earn your trust making memories of us
I'm gonna love you like nobody loves you
And I'll win your trust making memories of us

Now, If you don't think you could ever be that guy, don't bother getting romantic. Just have fun with me and be my friend, because I'm having way too much friggin fun being single to give that up for anything less.

1 comment:

Tim said...

Call me captain obvious, but I thought it would be...
"Oh Mandy! You came and you stopped me from shaking."
or however that song goes.