7.18.2005

Levitation

When I was a little girl, I recall watching David Copperfield fly on television. My father said there was only one explanation--that Copperfield must have sold his sould to the devil.

David Blaine freaks me out to no end.

This levitation thing he does spooks the shit out of me. So I decided to do some research. Here's what I found:

Blaine has two types of levitation. One he does all the time and he rises up about 3 or 4 inches with his back to his audience. This is called Balducci levitation, and is actually quite well known. Apparently it's all in the build-up.

The other type he does, where he rises two feet in the air, is a trick of cameras and props. He only does this one in tv specials.

So now I know :) Not nearly as freaked out. knowledge is power

No comments: