3.11.2004

Our summercamp song...written by 12 yr old moi:

The world is a very large place
but small to the closed of mind
and those who think they know everything
are alone as you will find

chorus:
and I may be desperate and I may be young
but I really need my freedom and I know,
it just won't come.

my youth is no excuse
they say it all the time
I'm trapped in a child's body
with a grown-ups mind

chorus

and if I stand alone
i won't cave in to fear
I'll strengthen first myself
then grow above my years

guitar solo

we are all born equal no matter what they say
my life is what I make of it so if I start today
maybe my children will be able to say
thanks mom and dad for what you did yesterday

and I may be desperate and I may be young
but I really need my freedom and who knows?
it just might come.


yesterday, had you asked me if I had ever written a song I would have said no. having found that little juvenile thing, though, I KNOW the tune and words without having to read it. funny, huh?

No comments: